Quarter-turn worm gearbox interlocks
We are pleased to announce the world's first smallest quarter-turn interlock for one of the smallest gears: the Rotork type 242P quarter-turn worm (the second picture).
The Rotork 242P series is a range of nuclear related gearboxes, designed to optimise robustness and durability. The simple, rugged construction makes it the gearbox of choice for low torque applications. The 242P gearboxes are available in 5 sizes and are intended for the operation of ball, butterfly, plug and any other quarter-turn valves.
All our valve interlocks have a tailor made mounting kit that is non-intrusive to the gear or valve. When used with other Alcatraz interlocks, operators are constrained to follow the correct mechanical sequence of operation of all valves within the interlock sequence.
The Alcatraz interlock incorporates a counting mechanism, which is commissioned as standard at the factory but will require recommissioning after installation to trap and release keys at the desired gear position.
Types of valve locks available
- DQL-GS: double quarter-turn gear small
- Solid, compact design and construction with a minimum of moving parts.
- Material: stainless steel AISI 316, electro polished.
The electropolishing process smooths and streamlines the microscopic surface of a metal object such as 304, 316 and the 400 stainless steel series.
- Our key will survive a drop of more than 25 meters according to the drop weight impact test, ASTM E208.
- Easy and smooth operation, also with industrial gloves.
- Transferable lock portions.
- Fire safe in accordance with the API 607 sixth edition test.
Tested on functioning in low temperatures.
- Resistant against sand, dirt, and moisture.
- Easy to install, even when the valve is in a live process.
- Maintenance free, no grease necessary.
- Automatic closing AISI 316 protection caps on keyholes
with text plate as standard.
- Ergonomic key position.
- As an option the integration of electronic components
such as limit and proximity switches are available.