Interlocks on mono flange valves
Interlock system description
In this case the monoflange valve is used as a pilot valve and therefore part of a double pilot operated safety valve system. In order to prevent that both pilot operated pressure safety valves can be blocked or isolated all valves in this system have to be equipped with interlocks.
On the four upstream valves and two downstream valves our standard integral interlocks are installed. Since the monoflange valve has a relatively small spindle/stem design (comparable with a needle valve) a standard integral interlocks is not suitable for this application.
Our design department developed a more suitable integral interlock for these types of valves. This interlock has the same functionality as our standard integral interlocks and is installed without changing the integrity and characteristics of the valve, without grinding, welding or other adjustment to the valve. Last but not least the integral interlocks have the same price level as our standard integral interlocks.
Types of valve locks available
- Integral mono flange interlocking system
- Solid, compact design and construction with a minimum of moving parts.
- Material: stainless steel AISI 316, electro polished.
The electropolishing process smooths and streamlines the microscopic surface of a metal object such as 304, 316 and the 400 stainless steel series.
- Our key will survive a drop of more than 25 meters according to the drop weight impact test, ASTM E208.
- Easy and smooth operation, also with industrial gloves.
- Transferable lock portions.
- Fire safe in accordance with the API 607 sixth edition test.
Tested on functioning in low temperatures.
- Resistant against sand, dirt, and moisture.
- Easy to install, even when the valve is in a live process.
- Maintenance free, no grease necessary.
- Automatic closing AISI 316 protection caps on keyholes
with text plate as standard.
- Ergonomic key position.
- As an option the integration of electronic components
such as limit and proximity switches are available.